Crispy Fish Sticks with a Tomato Mayo Sauce
We’re always on the look out for ways to make your life a lil’ easier and your food a lot tastier, so enjoy the first episode of a new series we are calling #AddSomeRecipes. In this series we’ll show you simple ways to create delicious meals with Mr. Sauce, starting with how to make crispy fish sticks with a tomato mayo sauce!
When it comes to food there’s not much better than a home-cooked meal which, in most cases, beats the frozen-bought goods just by knowing its fresh and made with love! Instead of buying frozen, be cool, and make your fish sticks from scratch! 😉
As life progresses we seem to have more things to do, with less time to do them. Particularly, less time to squeeze in those scrummy lunches we used to make ourselves.
Here we provide a simple prep plan which delivers fish sticks that are crispy on the outside and light and flaky on the inside. Perfect for any occasion: snack time at school, starters for a fancy dinner, or even just plain old finger snacks for a family function.
Tomato Mayo Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Mr. Sauce tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh parsley
Combine mayonnaise, tomato sauce, and garlic; stir well. Cover and chill at least 3 hours. Stir in parsley. Store in the refrigerator.
- 4 tilapia fillets, cut into finger sizes
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp peri-peri powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Oil for frying
– In a bowl, add flour, paprika, peri-peri and garlic powders, season with salt and pepper, dredge each tilapia strip of fish in the flour.
– Combine breadcrumbs and mixed herbs, mix ingredients together.
– Next, dip the floured fish strips into the beaten egg and then into the breadcrumb mix.
– Add enough oil to a non-stick pan for a shallow fry and heat it up over medium-high heat until little bubbles begin forming.
– Using tongs, add coated fish sticks into the oil, and working in batches, fry for a couple of minutes per side, until golden brown.
Place fried fish sticks on a wire rack and allow to cool for a few minutes.
-Serve with tomato mayo sauce and enjoy
The first of many to come for our recipe series. For more videos you can visit our Facebook page as well as check out our Instagram page. Like and comment and let us know what recipes you would like to see and don’t miss out on all the fun new recipes and updates on our blog. #ADDSOME